Prime Minister, Narendra Modi inaugurated two days U.P. Investors Summit 2018 in Lucknow on Wednesday. More than 5,000 delegates are scheduled to attend the two-day summit. And at least 18 Union ministers and 100 speakers are attending the event aimed at showcasing business and investment potential across the state.
Here are the highlights of UP Investors Summit 2018 (Day 1):
- Emphasising on the MSME sector at the summit, PM Modi said that MSME sector reaps maximum employment opportunities after agriculture and UP has high scope for that.
- He also added that UP has ‘value’ and all it needs is ‘value addition’ to move forward.
- The 4P Mantra for progress in U.P. suggested by PM Modi, ‘Potential, Policy, Planning and Performance’.
- UP Government signed 1045 MOUs worth Rs. 4.28 Lakhs, says UP Chief Minister Aditya Nath Yogi.
- Government aims to generate 40 lakh jobs in 3 years, says CM Yogi.
- A new tourism policy has been enforced. This policy is based on religion, heritage and eco-tourism which will promote tourism in the state informed CM Yogi.
- Jio has invested Rs. 20,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh, making Jio as one of the largest investors in the state, says Mukesh Ambani.
- Adani announces to construct storage infrastructure, multi-model logistic parks and set up 1,000 MW solar power project.
- Kumar Mangalam Birala announces to invest Rs 25,000 crore.
- Gautam Adani promises to invest Rs 35,000 crore in the next five years in state.
- Anand Mahindra announces to set up electric vehicle plant in UP along with investing Rs 200 crores in Varanasi in infrastructure projects.
This mega event is being organised to bring together heads of states and governments, ministers, leaders from the corporate world, senior policy makers, heads of international institutions and academicians from around the world to further the cause of economic development in the state and promote cooperation to pave way for better investments, according to an official statement.